Friday, February 4, 2011

Inspired in February: Global Style

Looking to cultures other than your own can provide inspiration for a lifetime let alone for a month of only 28 days.

Global touches like a bit of ikat, a rustic wood stool, some chinoiserie or a Moroccan pattern can warm up a modern room and cut the sweetness of traditional. It can do the same for your outfits. Feeling boring? Add a bangle (or a dozen). throw on a wild print. Besides, who doesn't want to escape (at least mentally) right now to somewhere exotic and most likely warm?

What's inspiring you right now?

You may not see it in Google Reader, but at the bottom of this post is a button that allows you to link to an image on your blog. This monthly blog party is a change to share inspirations and projects, so link up all month long.

Images: Thomas Hamel in House Beautiful, Thomas Hamel, Peter Dunham, Thomas Hamel, Numero China via Honestly, Martyn Lawrence-Bullard, detail photo by Lisa Romerein, Martyn Lawrence-Bullard, Lonny, Lisa Romerein, Kristen Buckingham, Katie Leede, Katie Leede, Martyn Lawrence-Bullard in Elle Decor.

Link up below.

15 comments:

1. Cristin @ Simplified BeeFebruary 4, 2011 at 12:53 PM

love this worldly look!

xo,
    cristin

2. Elisa @ What the VitaFebruary 4, 2011 at 1:27 PM

I am so feeling this! I need some more Global Style in my house!

3. nice stuff!

ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally feeling the global trend - Anthro has a some beautiful pieces to add to both my wardrobe and home!

5. Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.comFebruary 6, 2011 at 12:58 AM

Amazing images! My favorite thing is the angular Moroccan (?) lamp in #1. I might try to dollar store craft that! :)

6. shari @ little blue deerFebruary 6, 2011 at 8:15 AM

I like it! And yup, just got the Anthro catalog on Friday, and I realized I was going to need to buy some beaded necklaces. Oh, and a springbok loveseat. Definitely a springbok loveseat!

ReplyDelete
  7. I'm finding myself drawn to bright colors. It's weird because my house is very neutral. Must be all the snow and lack of sunshine.

8. Cristina @FUJI FILESFebruary 6, 2011 at 7:30 PM

In love with so much of this post! Lots of new ideas to try ;)

xx Cristina

9. jules @ The Diversion ProjectFebruary 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM

love, love, love these images. totally up my alley. jx

ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks a lot for the link! I am trying to add some global style to my house as well since it is a global household. lol

ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for this opportunity to share my DIY rose gold jewelry. All the other projects look very interesting. I'll have to check them out (especially the book clutch since I've been wanting to make one).
    xx
    maya

12. Haley @ Cardigan JunkieFebruary 23, 2011 at 12:02 AM

I love this collection! I just added my geometric artwork made from Dwell Studio fabric that reminds me a bit of Moroccan tiles with the overlapping circles.

Haley @ Cardigan Junkie
    www.cardiganjunkie.com

ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing it!

ReplyDelete
  14. Love the three arches on the side of the stairs in one of the pics. Do you know which country the apartment is in?

ReplyDelete
  15. I think that's Ellen Pompeo's house in California.